FREE Tax Preparation at Compton College
Join my office, the Board of Equalization, Franchise Tax Board and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for a free tax preparation event.
Saturday, March 11
9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
1111 E Artesia Blvd.
Compton CA 90221
Appointments are required and are approximately 45 minutes.
Please contact my District Office at (310) 324-6408 to schedule your appointment.
Please be sure to bring the following:
- Proof of identification (photo ID)
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents
- An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse and your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number
- Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
- A copy of last year's federal and state returns, if available
- Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check
- To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider's tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number
- Forms 1095-A, B and C, Health Coverage Statements
- Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable
Remember: The last day to file your taxes this year is April 18.