Home

   LATEST NEWS

Thursday, July 2, 2020

Happy Fourth of July AD 65! I would like to encourage our residents to continue to remain safe during the pandemic.  Our office requests that you practice social distancing and safety with fireworks, be responsible, and wear a mask.  Although we as a nation are taking a day off from work, COVID-19 is not.  So remember be safe, be smart, and wear a mask!  Happy Birthday, America! 

-SQS 

Thursday, July 2, 2020

Governor Newsom Signs Executive Order on Actions in Response to COVID-19 

SACRAMENTO — Governor Gavin Newsom today issued an executive order extending authorization for local governments to halt evictions for renters impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, through September 30.

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Orange County bars have been shut down by county Interim Health Officer Dr. Clayton Chau ahead of the Fourth of July weekend to address the spike in COVID-19 positive testing and hospitalizations. With a strong likelihood of a significant and increasing number of cases of community transmission to occur, we respectfully request for everyone to be safe and wear a mask!

Governor Newsom addressed this afternoon that his order closes indoor activities in Contra Costa, Fresno, Glenn, Imperial, Kern, Kings, Los Angeles, Merced, Orange, Riverside, Sacramento, San Bernardino, San Joaquin, Santa Barbara, Santa Clara, Solano, Stanislaus, Tulare and Ventura counties.

For more details please read:

Enforcement of the California Consumer Privacy Act to opt out of the sale of your personal data took effect, today July 1. California residents now have the right to know the data that organizations are collecting about them, the right to tell companies not to share or sell their personally identifiable information (PII), and the right to protection against corporations that fail to keep their PII secure.

For more information visit: commonsensemedia.org/ccpa

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Bars Ordered Closed in Orange County, California Effective July 2

Santa Ana, Calif. (July 1, 2020) – Effective July 2, 2020, all bars are ordered closed in Orange County, California due to the increasing number COVID-19 cases.

“While we would prefer not to close bars at this time, many of our neighboring counties have closed their bars, and it’s important to take precautions to ensure the safety of the general public,” said Chairwoman Michelle Steel, Second District.

Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Evictions resumed this month in San Bernardino County, with sheriff’s deputies processing move-out orders pending from before the coronavirus emergency started in mid-March, a sheriff’s spokeswoman said.

That means two counties in Southern California have resumed efforts to whittle eviction backlogs. Orange County began evicting tenants at the start of June.

Los Angeles and Riverside counties still have all evictions on hold, sheriffs spokespeople told the Southern California News Group.

Evictions have been on hold throughout California since the state Judicial Council issued a ban on courts processing “unlawful detainer” cases and foreclosures until 90 days after the governor lifts the current state of emergency.

For the Full Article.

Monday, June 29, 2020

2020-21 State Budget Plan Finalized

Sacramento, CA - Assemblymember Sharon Quirk-Silva (D-Fullerton) was at the State's Capitol on Friday with her colleagues from both the Assembly and the Senate. Last week, the Legislature passed a joint budget proposal which was a placeholder spending plan. Since then, the Governor, and the Legislature worked together to finalize details for the state’s budget.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Assemblymember Sharon Quirk-Silva (D – Orange County) worked tirelessly to negotiate recovering the $24.5 million previously allotted to funding the future Southern California Veterans Memorial Park and Cemetery in Assembly Budget Vote.

Orange County has historically been home to a robust military presence – which included the Santa Ana Army Air Base, one of the largest Army/Air Force training bases during World War II; El Toro Base (MCAS); Tustin (MCAS) and the Seal Beach Naval Weapons Station. There are thousands of men and women and their families who have served their country at these bases and through our nation that are in need of a proper and honorable resting site to lay our courageous soldiers.

Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Assemblywoman Quirk-Silva Reinstates $24.5 million for Future OC Veterans’ Cemetery Funding in California Budget

SACRAMENTO, CA – Assemblymember Sharon Quirk-Silva (D – Orange County) worked tirelessly to negotiate reinstating the $24.5 million in addition to the $700,000 for a site study previously allotted to funding the future Southern California Veteran’s Memorial Park and Cemetery in the State Legislature’s Proposed Budget.

Orange County has historically been home to a robust military presence – which included the Santa Ana Army Air Base, one of the largest Army/Air Force training bases during World War II; El Toro Base (MCAS); Tustin (MCAS) and the Seal Beach Naval Weapons Station. There are thousands of men and women and their families who have served their country, who are in need of a proper and honorable resting site.

Assembly District 65 Rental Assistance Programs

City of Anaheim

The City of Anaheim is providing $3 million in aid for residents struggling to pay back rent due to the pandemic. Please help spread the word to our community about the Anaheim Emergency Rental Assistance Program. The application deadline is June 5th.