YOUNG LEGISLATORS PROGRAM 2018
Assemblywoman Sharon Quirk-Silva seeks bright, self-motivated, energetic high school sophomores and juniors to serve as a Young Legislator.
The Young Legislator program gives students the opportunity to learn the inner workings of state government and the legislative process. The Young Legislators members will meet on a regular basis to discuss issues important to their communities, share ideas on youth related issues, and explore the possibility of a career in public service
This Free Three-Month Program Offers Students:
· Leadership Development Training
· Community Service Opportunities
· Knowledge of the Legislative Process
· Interaction with Community Leaders
· Submit an application by February 21st
· Must be a high school sophomore or junior who resides in the 65th Assembly District
· Must be available from March 10th to May 19th
Must attend 80% of the program sessions to receive a certificate of completion
Applications for the 2018 Young Legislators is now open.