Young Legislators Program
Assemblywoman Sharon Quirk-Silva seeks bright, self-motivated, energetic high school sophomores and juniors to serve as a Young Legislator.
The Young Legislator program gives students the opportunity to learn the inner workings of state government and the legislative process. The Young Legislators members will meet on a regular basis to discuss issues important to their communities, share ideas on youth related issues, and explore the possibility of a career in public service.
This Free Program Offers Students:
· Leadership Development Training
· Community Service Opportunities
· Knowledge of the Legislative Process
· Interaction with Community Leaders
· Must be a high school sophomore or junior who resides in California's 65th Assembly District
· Attend 80% of the program sessions to receive a certificate of completion
· Volunteer for a minimum of five events hosted by the Assemblywoman's office
· Attend a city council meeting and a school board meeting
Download the application, here: 2019 YL Program Application.pdf
For more information, please contact our district office:
Or stop by our district office on
1440 N. Harbor Blvd. Ste. 270, Fullerton, CA 92835