COVID-19: Coronavirus Resources and Contacts
As our Assembly District 65 communities respond to the outbreak of the Novel Coronavirus (hereinafter, COVID-19), it is important to stay informed and be proactive about keeping yourself, your family, and your community healthy and safe. Here are some resources that can help provide guidance, updates, and useful information on COVID-19:
COVID-19 Health Guidance and Protocols
Assembly District 65 County and City Updates:
Please remain up to date by going to the following city, county, state, and federal sites to learn about any updates regarding the coronavirus.
County of Orange Moves to Red Tier: Today, the County of Orange moved from the Purple Tier to the Red Tier as a part of the Governor Newsom’s Blue Print for a Safer Economy This allows certain business sectors to re open immediately and businesses to expand their operations with certain restrictions. Additionally, County Health Officer Dr. Clayton Chau has issued related new Orders and Strong Recommendations, which also include seasonal flu vaccination for certain county residents and visitors. Access the document in its entirely here.
COVID19 OC Health Tracker or call the OC Health COVID-19 Hotline 833-426-6411
Orange County Social Service Agency: County of Orange Social Services Agency to Consolidate Saturday Drive Through Benefits Issuance at Santa Ana Regional Center
All schools in the 65th Assembly District have implemented emergency temporary closures of schools in response to the outbreak of COVID-19. These actions were taken as a precautionary measure to prevent and mitigate the spread of the virus. We encourage families of students to stay updated with the latest information on their schools by visiting their websites:
State Resources Small Businesses and Employees:
- California secures $4.5 billion for Lost Wages Assistance Program. Individuals who are currently eligible to receive at least $100 per week in unemployment benefits may qualify for an additional $300 weekly supplement.
- California Grants Program for businesses and individuals in need of assistance you can go to the States new Grant Portal
- California Competes Tax Credit application period for the California Competes Tax Credit (CCTC) opens up on Monday, July 27 and runs through August 17
- U.S. Department of Labor resources for employers and employees
- Cal/Osha guidance on requirement to protect workers from COVID-19
- Labor & Workforce Development Agency resources for employers and employees
- Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development resources for employers and employees
- California Employment Development Department disability/paid family leave benefits & unemployment insurance benefits for COVID-19
- SoCalGas and Goodwill Southern California have teamed up to provide easy ways to save money and energy The Energy Savings Assistance (ESA) program and the California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) bill discount program help customers save money on their SoCalGas bill and improves the safety & comfort in their homes
- Southern California Gas Company (SoCalGas) today announced a virtual enrollment option for the Energy Savings Assistance Program, which continues to provide eligible customers with an average of $705 worth of energy-efficiency home upgrades at no cost to help improve the safety and comfort of customers’ homes
Resources for Constituents:
DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLES (DMV)
Please visit the DMV website for more information.
DISCLAIMER - Updated information will be added as more services become available and circumstances change.
Assemblywoman Quirk-Silva's staff will continue to monitor the situation and keep constituents updated with information and resources. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to the District Office at (714) 525-6515 with any questions, concerns, or need for assistance. We are here to help.